Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's been a while since I've taken the time to post anything. I have mostly felt so drained after visiting with mother, but the last couple of days have been a gift, a miracle. She has felt fairly well and her mind has been clear. It's been hard to leave her because I know it won't last and I want to enjoy this time as much as possible.

She has fallen several times lately, mostly early morning when she gets up before getting her first parkinson's med. We try to get her to call for help, but she forgets.

As usual, her dreams have been very vivid. She has gone on walks with Isis, had visits from relatives far away (like Conchi), married some of my married children off again. Can't distinguish between reality and dreams. Also she personalizes things. A friend came to visit who is struggling with some other health issues. After, mother told me how it was she who had all these illnesses and that many tests were done and they had all came back positive that she is very ill. I guess her own illness is not enough.

Nina took her shoe shopping and it was an ordeal, finally had to bring her back and just bring some shoes in for mother to try on. After more than a week she is finally wearing her new shoes today. She has not wanted to come over for dinner. I think she is more anxious in the afternoon, so it is too much to leave the clinic. However, this morning I brought her over to our house and she watched me as I worked in the kitchen, almost an hour. She wanted to go back, but did not get panicky. I'll have to aim for short morning outings.

I imparted the news that her brother had died, she took it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment