Friday, April 23, 2010

Split Pea Soup

I made split pea soup last week, using Mother's recipe (which will be in our upcoming book) and it turned out wonderful! Mother loved it. I made quite a bit, so she had some the next day also. The day after I went to get the soup from the refrigerator to warm it so we could finish it, but it wasn't there. I asked my husband and my son. Jason thought maybe he had finished it up the day before when I warmed some up for him after school. "So what did you do with the pan?" I asked. He made some joke about maybe eating the pan because the soup was so good.

I asked Mother but she didn't know either and I knew the pan was too heavy for her to carry. I was very busy so I decided I'd search for the pan later, thinking Louis or Jason had probably washed it and put it some place different than usual.

A couple of days later Mother told me she had found the split pea soup. It was in her refrigerator. She didn't remember how it had gotten there, but she had been enjoying it. We still don't know how she managed to carry the heavy pan down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment