Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bits and pieces

The other day Mamina was confused about who was Aldo. Eventually she remembered he was her husband. Today she thought the night nurse, whose name is Skyler, was my son. When I explained they just had the same name she said, "I thought he had changed a great deal".

One day she told me she'd fallen twice. I was surprised and checked with the nurse. It was her roommate that had fallen.

Her roommate Julia has a frequent visitor that looks like mother's sister in law, Argelia. Mother assumes it is Argelia and her brother visiting their grandmother, every time Julia's son and his wife come.

Mamina told me someone had taken her walker and Nina had gotten very angry, fighting and swearing at everyone. Not the Nina I know.

Sunday when I called she told me she couldn't talk because she was eating dinner at Nina's. "See you tomorrow" she told me, and hung up. Turns out she had refused to go to Nina's that day.

On a positive note, she attended an art class and painted a little bird house. She said she knew I would be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment