Sunday, July 18, 2010

Last Sunday Mother refused to go to Nina's for dinner. I tried also, unsuccessfully. She didn't feel well. As the week progressed she felt better, but began to have vivid hallucinations again.

She told me she had not been able to sleep because the whole clinic was waiting for a plane from China. The pilot's mother is at the center. They'd had a big meeting and everyone was waiting. Had I heard anything about it, she wanted to know. Another day she "had been taken to jail because the government (I think she was back in Communist Cuba) wanted to know why she had such a nice house and business" (meaning the care center). They'd "let her go because she was old".

Thursday and Friday she was extremely lucid, most of the time. Even remembered the airplane story as a dream. After a while though, she told me that the Asian lady who walks around the center is being punished. "She did something against the government back in China and now her punishment is to walk and walk non stop". The boss who makes this little lady do this is a woman at the center. Then she said, "maybe I'm that woman". Then she said that maybe she makes up these stories to entertain herself. I was amazed she realized this.

Then came Sat. I was in SL with A, S and family. Isis called from Florida. The care center had called Isis, mother had gone missing and the police had brought her back, minutes after they noticed she was gone. I got there as soon as I could. Mother did not remember leaving. She thinks someone was with her (I'm thinking guardian angel?) and "they" decided to approach a business establishment where the people helped them and called the police. One of the policemen spoke Spanish. She says they brought her to our house first, but we weren't here, so they took her to the Nursing facility. I am not sure if the part about coming to our house is real. The nursing staff says she was very distraught when she got back, couldn't even walk (as often happens when she is suffering an anxiety attack), but by the time I got there she was fine.

Mamina says she feels bad that she broke the promise she made us to not to leave the center alone again. She says that even as she was walking she was thinking about it, but she can't remember why she left. I guess any promise she makes when in her right mind goes out the window along with her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment