Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9th

I went back to see Mother yesterday evening. She was wearing a hospital gown and couldn't tell me why. The nurse told me Mother had requested the gown, so they had complied. Mother asked me to change her back into her own night gown and put her to bed. When I went back again an hour later, she was sound asleep. What a relief.

Mother called at 6:15 this morning, while I was getting ready to leave. She was distraught and wanted "to tell me where she was so I could come and get her" and that she was hungry. She gave the phone to the CNA who told me Mother had been asking for us all night. I told her about the hungry part, so the CNA got her a snack. I cancelled my plans and went over. Mother had not had her Parkinson's meds, so she could barely move. I sat with her for a couple of hours, until the medications took effect and she'd had breakfast. After that I helped her into bed and she went right to sleep.

Nina just called to report that this afternoon Mother was cheerful, walking around, getting acquainted with her surroundings and the people. She said she'd had a wonderful night's sleep. ?????

No comments:

Post a Comment