Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Unexpected results

The roses I chopped down a few weeks ago are doing wonderful. What I thought would harm them has helped them thrive.

Perhaps it will be like that with mother. I have been against considering a care center, but she really and truly does need more care than I can provide. There are times when she freezes, her body won't respond. Other times anxiety overwhelms her. She is terrified to be alone, wants us with her 24/7. I could do that for a limited time, but not indefinitely. I have a husband, children, grandchildren, work.

Yesterday, during a lucid moment, she told me that she would like to be in a nursing home. My son reminded me it's not about what I want, it's about what she needs. Is this what would be best for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment